Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Surface Treatment and anti-corrosion team is part of Material Engineering Division at TME. The team has responsibility for the development, evaluation and introduction of new anti-corrosion materials and surface treatment technologies in order to improve the durability of the car.
The opportunity is split into two main activities:
1) In order to ensure consistent test conditions leading to repeatable results, with digitalised workflow requiring and optimized staff working hours, you will be responsible for creation of online process monitoring program linked to long-term corrosion test equipments (CCT: Cycle corrosion test, SST: Salt spray test). Program (Python, R, LabView, other) is able to access key equipment data in realtime, as well as retroactively, and assess according to key performance indices.
2) Survey of climatic conditions inside corrosion test equipment, to identify volumes and/or areas which are not to specification.
Creation of data set to validate future moisture/ airflow/ thermal models of corrosion chambers, ready for future corrosion modelling activities.
• Technical Science or Engineering student
• Competent with one or more computer programming languages (e.g. Python, C, Java, Matlab, Labview).
• Previous experience working in a laboratory environment
• Experience working on anti-corrosion technologies for the automotive industry application wil be an asset.
• You understand and apply on your daily work, the Toyota way of working.
• Organised, diligent and hands-on.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skill as well as problem finding, analysing, and solving skills.
• Team-worker with flexible mind.
• Fluent in English
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
Place of employment: Toyota European R&D centre in Zaventem (Belgium)
Starting date: From September’20
Duration: 3-6 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)