Escombro is a recent independent film production company which divides its activity between Lisbon, London and New York.
Our main project at the moment is a feature-length documentary shot between New York and Lisbon, portraying the life of two well-known personalities, and partly funded by Portugal’s state fund.
We are offering an internship position to a talented individual to join our team as a graphic designer, who will be the main responsible for the creation of the company’s website and for the overall design of logos, videos, posters, presentations and documents related to our projects.
- Creating the company’s website and its design;
- Designing the company’s logos, fonts and other professional materials;
- Designing posters and other promotional materials;
- Designing production folders for our projects and presentations, to attract partners, funders and/or sponsors;
- Helping with technical and software tasks;
- The quantity and type of activities performed by the intern will depend on their interests, knowledge, performance, experience and attitude.
- Degree in Graphic Design;
- Comfortable with Illustrator, Photoshop, After effects and Premiere Pro;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative;
- Good English language knowledge (Portuguese and Spanish language domain are a plus);
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills;
- Good domain of common computer/mobile software and OS;
- Strong interest in arts and film;
- Self-motivated with a sense of Initiative and Creative Thinking;
- Open-minded and tolerant.
- A lot of creative freedom: The selected intern will be responsible for creating the company’s trademark visual materials, logos and posters for the films produced by Escombro;
- A personal and professional growing experience where the intern will have the opportunity to learn about independent filmmaking and production, while playing an active role in the company and being involved in an ambitious international documentary about two famous personalities, with the support of Portugal’s Cinema and Audiovisual Institute;
- Exposure and credit: Your work will be featured in widely available posters and other visual materials, you will be credited in the finished film and see your name when the credits roll;
- Flexible working hours;
- Flexible workplace: You can work from Lisbon, London, or remotely;
- The opportunity to work in a growing company with a friendly and international environment;
- Your role will be key to the success of the company, so depending on the results and the role the intern plays, we’ll contemplate the possibility of offering a permanent paid position.
The ideal candidate is a creative, practical and forward-thinking person who takes initiative and comes up with new ideas in an independent manner, to best promote the company and its projects and find partners and sponsors.
Making independent films is hard; usually there are many bumps in the way towards a finished film, and a strong team with motivated people is key to success.
30 hours/week: Working hours are flexible, the intern will be able to manage their own schedule as they see best to complete weekly tasks.
Duration is flexible, there is a minimum of 4 months and depending on how it goes, can be extended to 12 months or even to a permanent position.
Please submit resume + brief cover letter.