STEPDive is an innovative new Start Up product developed in Klagenfurt, Austria. We have several patent filings and innovations in various stages of completion in the areas of snorkeling, diving, water sports, and boating, and are looking for enthusiastic interns to work with us on one of our projects.
In the area of PRODUCT DESIGN, INNOVATION, & USABILITY, we are looking for one intern (m/f) to help us on concepts of diving and boating. The role can include design work throughout the whole development cycle: from ideation and concept renderings of projects in the ideation stage, to detail design of accesories and improvements on our first products, STEPDive Family & STEPDive Pro, which was launched this spring. The internship can be tailored to personal interest & capabilities, and could include marine design, technical design, usability & consumer requirements, sketching & 3D rendering, mock-up and prototype support.
The company founder is an experienced inventor from USA & Netherlands, with a strong background in innovation management, global project management, and consumer products. Our working language is English (Dutch, German, some Italian possible).
The duration of the internship is flexible (4 month minimum, more preferred)
- product designer or engineer
- English or German language
- good sketching and 3d modeling abilities
- hands on attitude, with an eye for detail
- curious & open minded, with a talent to understand people and their needs.
- Passion for SCUBA diving or children's products. SCUBA certification would be a plus, but is not necessary.
- Passion for water sports & boating. Knowledge of marine design or engineering would be a plus, but is not necessary.
- Great location to learn and build up experience from local start up community, infrastructure, and network. Our offices are within a maker space specifically focused on young start up companies with hard ware & consumer products development.
- Great location for work/life balance. Close distance to center, restaurants, and also university & lake Worthersee; Bike paths, lakes, mountains & nature abound.
- Professional and intercultural experience in product development, crowdfunding, and innovation
- Exciting, dynamic work environment
- Flexible hours / work time
- Incorporate your ideas into new innovations, real market products, and patents.
Send us your CV and motivational cover letter and tell us why you are the perfect candidate to join our Start Up!