Good spoken and written English levels are required (B2 onwards)
Oxford, England The city of Oxford rivals London when it comes to the title of “most known city” in the UK. This is because of its magnificent history and the presence of Oxford University, one of the most renowned universities in the entire world. Amazing medieval architecture blends well with the modern aspect of the city where you can eat, drink, shop, explore and have a great time.
Are you eligible?
Are you a registered student?
Are you eligible to participate in the Erasmus+ programme?
See website for details of all ESPA benefits. For all internships over 6 months, additional benefits will be paid. Details available at interview.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic Bioinformatics student interested in antibody discovery and development to assist this expanding company. Mentored throughout, you will assist Bioinformaticians and scientists working in the fields of gene editing, gene therapy and protein therapeutics. The successful candidate is guaranteed a world-class experience in researching and implementing bioinformatics pipelines, including those with machine learning. Appropriate time and resources can be made available to train interns without in-depth knowledge of a programming language, like R or Python. Don’t delay, apply today.
• Work with bioinformaticians and alongside scientists to complete projects involving next generation sequencing and ultra-long sequencing reads
• Perform research and use bioinformatic techniques for data mining on projects relating gene therapy and gene editing
• Contribute and improve upon current pipelines related to CRISPR guide design and CRISPR KO screening Desired Skills
• Working towards a degree in Bioinformatics or similar
• Experience of working with Python, R or Linux is a bonus
• High level of knowledge and enthusiasm in molecular biology
• Ability to engage with molecular biologists who require bioinformatic assistance and ability to work independently.
• Individuals should be enthusiastic and be able to contribute actively to the team setting
• Diligence and an analytical mindset is essential for methodical working, recording and data analysis
The Host Company
The host company, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialist contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics and cell and gene therapies. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in designing DNA, optimising expression of proteins, cell line development and improving viral delivery systems. The company is located within purpose-fitted laboratories. Currently in a phase of rapid expansion, this company will offer a truly rewarding experience.