Good spoken and written English levels are required (B2 onwards)
Oxford, England The city of Oxford rivals London when it comes to the title of “most known city” in the UK. This is because of its magnificent history and the presence of Oxford University, one of the most renowned universities in the entire world. Amazing medieval architecture blends well with the modern aspect of the city where you can eat, drink, shop, explore and have a great time.
Are you eligible?
Are you a registered student?
Are you eligible to participate in the Erasmus+ programme?
See website for details of all ESPA benefits. For all internships over 6 months, additional benefits will be paid. Details available at interview.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic science student interested in Cell Line Development and Gene Therapy (Lentivirus, rAAV and Adenovirus products) to assist this expanding company. Working within the Viral Cell Line Development team, you will be involved in the development and optimisation of internal platforms for viral vector manufacture. There is opportunity to contribute to both commercial and internal R&D projects, developing expertise in a large range of applications. The successful candidate is guaranteed a first class learning and working experience with this innovative host.
• Maintenance of mammalian cell culture for both adherent and suspension cell lines
• Engineering and generation of stable, clonal mammalian cell lines
• Screening assays for identification and characterisation of engineered cell lines
• Production of viral vectors from mammalian cell lines, along with analytical techniques to assess and quantify products
• Process automation and high-throughput platform development • Record keeping, data summary generation and presentation
• Working towards a degree in biochemistry, molecular cell biology or related life science degrees
• Some level of exposure to lab work relevant to biological R&D, either academic or industrial
• Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to speak confidently in groups and to present work internally
• Excellent organisational and decision-making skills
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, and work under pressure
• Individuals should be enthusiastic and be able to contribute actively to the team setting
• Diligence and an analytical mindset is essential for methodical working, recording and data analysis
The Host Company
The host company, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialist contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics and cell and gene therapies. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in designing DNA, optimising expression of proteins, cell line development and improving viral delivery systems. The company is located within purpose-fitted laboratories. Currently in a phase of rapid expansion, this company will offer a truly rewarding experience.