<Company general information>
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.For Toyota, Quality is way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “Kaizen” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of customer’s satisfaction.
Belonging to Toyota Production System (TPS) Function, Business Reform department is responsible for supporting European Manufacturing Company (EMC) in creating operational efficiency and cost reduction through installation & design of new processes & systems.
• Data analysis & future system logic simulation / calculation
• Testing of new developed functions & relation with EMC counterpart
• Process mapping of existing business activities & extrapolation of it with newly applied Kaizen
• Develop expertize to assess EMC specific productivity issues and develop requirement for tools & processes to support / overcome these.
Analyse, evaluate one of the EMC’s supply chain business process areas & support their productivity improvement activities through tool / process redesign. Main assignment will be on development of an internal logistics systems.To achieve this will need to:
• Learn and understand TPS basic thinking way.
• Acquire a deep understanding of Toyota’s Manufacturing system and process environment.
• Acquire basic understanding of Manufacturing Processes and the key drivers of their efficiency.
• Implement “Kaizen” and confirm the achievement of target.
• You have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Economics or Business Management background
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access)
• As a self-starter you demonstrate pro-activeness and ownership in projects
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
• You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
• You are strong communicator, able to convey and receive messages to/from all levels in the organisation (shop floor to management)
• You are fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
• Ideally you have a driving licence
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organizing skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• Have excellent communication skills Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office - Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, some specific data may not be possible to be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)