TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
New Vehicle & Unit Project Management team is responsible for the introduction of new vehicle and engine projects from the early concept stage all the way through to the start of production in our European manufacturing sites.
The Project Management team is investigating ways to reduce inefficiencies within our processes to coordinate all technical data with our suppliers and manufacturing sites, through process kaizen and tasks automatization.
To support this activity, the selected candidate will be responsible to:
• Visualize process flow and identify potential areas of improvement.
• Link process flow and key KPIs for data management.
• Revise current processes to remove inefficiencies.
• Automatization of repetitive tasks using software tools.
• Process technical data to support technical administration team.
• Update key KPIs and issue weekly and monthly key reports.
• Administrative task support where required.
• Working towards a university degree, in Engineering, Business Management or IT.
• You have a good knowledge of an Engineering / Manufacturing organization and information systems.
• You have a strong interest and knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Access) and specially on Power BI.
• You have a strong interest in data management.
• You are fluent in English, every other language will be considered as an asset.
• You are a dynamic team player with strong communication skills.
• You have a strong analytical mind and you are able to show an understanding of the skills expected for a Project Management role.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organization skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• Have a creative mind and passion for cars (if relevant for function)
• Have excellent communication skills
Starting date: Preferable from April 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to confidentiality requirements, not all details on performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)