Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the European R&D and wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages all Toyota’s European manufacturing and engineering operations.
The Exterior Plastics Development team is responsible for the development of exterior styling & functional plastic accessories (spoilers, skirts, chrome garnishes, body mouldings, off-road parts etc). In close cooperation with involved divisions and multiple global suppliers, the team ensures accessories are developed according to Toyota’s strict quality requirements within schedule and cost targets.
1. New clip design: concept & 3D design / proposals for clip standardization
2. Agile development: arrange team study on new exterior accessory concept
3. Support Quick-to-market development projects:
a. Anti-theft system for catalyser
b. Roofrack accessories
c. Wheel arch protectors
• Currently in pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical- or Automotive Engineering
• Basic mechanical knowledge (stress & strain- & bolts calculations, material characteristics) for plastic & steel
• Client-focused, results-driven mind-set
• Ability to collaborate with others in an international environment
• Critical thinking skills
• Quality conscious mind-set
• Critical, well structured & accurate approach
• Good communication skills
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Bourgetlaan 60, B1140, Brussels Belgium
Starting date: Starting from July 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: The outcome of the internship will be an update of a confidential Toyota design standard which will pose some restrictions in the internship report. These issue’s will be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)