Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Within Electronics Engineering division, Telematics group is in charge of developing and evaluating the future connected functions focusing on our customer comfort and safety. Those systems uses Mobile communications (4G 5G) or Direct short range communications (802.11p) between veicles and infrastructure.
As intern, you will contribute to improve the efficiency of DSRC based safety function evaluation on MiL (Model in the Loop) and HiL (Hardware in the Loop) bench, and accelerate validation by:
• Analysing functional requirements of the function.
• Developing an environment for rapid test case generation.
• Document the test case generation environment.
• Supporting test case generation for MiL and HiL evaluation.
• Daily communication with teammates, integration of your output into their work stream.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language),
• You are enrolled into a master in computer science (embedded software), electronics engineering, automotive engineering,
• You have (or you are willing to develop) a good understanding of application lifecycle management and validation process,
• You have already demonstrated programming skills in past projects (Python, C++, …),
• Experience in software testing is also considered as an asset.
• You have a strong interest in automotive and electronics systems.
You have a “Toyota DNA”, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets,
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions,
• Have strong planning and organization skills,
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others,
• Have a creative mind,
• Have excellent communication skills.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Starting date: July 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)