Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Toyota Motor Europe R&D Centre is responsible for:
• Developing vehicles and making concept proposal for European core models
• Reflecting EU technology to Toyota Vehicles timely by utilizing location advantage and strong network with EU partners Electronics Engineering Division Multimedia design is responsible for:
• Proposing, creating and implementing European taste and functional requirements
• Validating multimedia systems in Europe
• Researching new technologies and trends in European market
• Supporting new technology development
As an intern, you will contribute to the automated test bench for multimedia systems. You will:
• Analyse the requirements for the multimedia system,
• Analyse the current test method for the multimedia system,
• Develop test methods for automated testing of the multimedia system,
• Implement test cases using the methods developed,
• Ensure quality and maintainability of test methods developed.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language),
• You are enrolled into a master in computer science (embedded software), electronics engineering, automotive engineering,
• You have a good understanding of the software V-cycle (esp. V&V, validation process),
• You have (or you are willing to develop) a good understanding of application lifecycle management and validation process,
• You have already demonstrated programming skills in past projects (Python),
• You have a strong interest in automotive and electronics systems.
You have a “Toyota DNA”, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets,
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions,
• Have strong planning and organization skills,
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others,
• Have a creative mind,
• Have excellent communication skills.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
Starting date: 01/07/2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)