Company general information:
TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE (TME) Head Office and R&D center are based near Brussels in Belgium. More than 2700 employees from more than 60 nationalities cover the entire European business of Toyota and Lexus, including R&D, product planning, quality, engineering and manufacturing operations in production plants across Europe. More than 1 million new vehicles are sold each year. TME focuses on sustainability and for Toyota, Quality is a way of life: nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that’s why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do.
As part of TME R&D organization, the Powertrain Division is responsible for local development of powertrains for vehicles built in one of the TME production plants, and for planning and research of new European technologies. Latest focus points include electrification, big data and connectivity.
You will be working within our Advanced Powertrain department and your tasks will include:
1. Investigation of powertrain technologies (engine technologies, hybrid system layout, performances such as energy efficiency, acceleration performance etc)
2. Investigation of powertrain technology trend and strategy in Europe (news, conferences, motorshows, benchmark, market reports, etc.)
3. Powertrain topology modelling (Simulink, Amesim) and estimation of performance (energy efficiency, acceleration performance)
4. Investigation and implementation of advanced optimal control (discrete programming, model predictive control, etc)
The internship can be part of a master thesis.
• Master or PhD student in the field of control, with good notions of programming & simulation.
• You have a European EEA citizenship. (not requiring a visum to work in Belgium)
• You must be a student for the entire duration of the internship
• Fluent in English (reading; writing; speaking)
• Good skills of physics, mathematics (engineering calculations, time series data analysis)
• Computer skills: MS Office, Matlab, Simulink, Ansys Simplorer/AEDT, AMESim
• Keen interest in advanced powertrain technologies and automotive technology in general
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
Place of employment: Belgium – 1930 Zaventem (Brussels area)
Starting date: Earliest July 1st, 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Some of the project content may have to be treated as confidential and therefore not shown explicitly in the internship report