Company general information:
TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE (TME) Head Office and R&D center are based near Brussels in Belgium. More than 2700 employees from more than 60 nationalities cover the entire European business of Toyota and Lexus, including R&D, product planning, quality, engineering and manufacturing operations in production plants across Europe. More than 1 million new vehicles are sold each year. TME focuses on sustainability and for Toyota, Quality is a way of life: nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that’s why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do.
As part of TME R&D organization, the Powertrain Division is responsible for local development of powertrains for vehicles built in one of the TME production plants, and for planning and research of new European technologies. Latest focus points include electrification, big data and connectivity.
You will be joining the Drivetrain Evaluation Department, responsible for the development & maintenance of tools. You will be in charge of several small development projects in co-operation with all teams in powertrain division.
• Functional extension & operational improvements to our in-house data-processing tool chain, largely based on National Instruments “DIAdem” data analysis software.
• Develop new software tools (see script languages requested below).
• Overall data management system topology enhancements, especially with regards to interfacing to our test facility databases.
• University student with at least 2 yrs of study already completed.
• You have a European EEA citizenship. (not requiring a visum to work in Belgium)
• You must be a student for the entire duration of the internship
• Open personality and able to work independently in a multi-cultural business environment.
• Fluent in English (reading; writing; speaking)
• Scripting languages (depends on the project): Visual Basic, VBA, C#, Python, MatLab
• Notions on relational databases (i.e. SQL) & Web programming (ie PHP / Node.js) is a plus
• Experience with NI DIAdem, MS Access is an asset.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of employment: Belgium – 1930 Zaventem (Brussels area)
Starting date: July 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Some of the project content may have to be treated as confidential and therefore not shown explicitly in the internship report