Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale and marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Being part of TME’s Operations Group, Business Intelligence (BI) operates in close collaboration with TME Sales and After Sales country managers as well as with all distributors in Europe. BI’s key accountabilities are as follows:
Support TME’s business growth by performing benchmarking analysis, provide guidance on opportunities to increase parts and accessory business and help actions prioritization.
BI drives utilisation of factual data within Operations and support decision making and implementation of actions based on such data.
Analysis tools and reporting solutions
BI supports the creation of reports, and ensure Kaizen is applied on content, format and definitions.
They also maintain and update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods and provide technical support for existing reports and tools, and identify country managers and After Sales reporting needs.
Being responsible for TME Sales and After Sales performance, Operations Group is driving the governance process between the European headquarters located in Belgium and distributors across Europe by running monthly and quarterly strategic and performance related meetings.
BI actively supports this role as responsible for the analysis, reporting and preparation of the quarterly meetings with NMSCs for both Sales and After Sales.
In order to support the existing BI team in executing this task a new Intern will be integrated to this team.
In order to support the existing BI team in executing this task a new Intern will be recruited
Daily tasks will include:
- sales and after sales performance analyses and benchmarking
- designing dashboards
- support governance process through preparation of necessary supporting documents
- actively take part in the different tasks of BI
- pro-actively suggest and propose improvements or changes to existing tools, reports and processes.
• Education: final year of Bachelor / Master degree in Economics, Business,Statistics, Mathematics, Business engineering
• Previous Business, Internship experience is an asset
• Automotive minded and knowledge of European market trends (sales volumes, market shares, competitors…)
• Excellent understanding of the economic processes
• Excellent command of systems applications (Excel, Access, database management) Knowledge of Power BI is a plus
• Strong analytical (manage complex set of parameters) and visualisation skills
• Highly developed ability to be critical with facts and figures – enjoy working with numbers and data
• Self starter attitude, taking initiative and not afraid of responsibility
• Ability to plan your work according to deadlines – able to work under strong pressure
• Innovative mind, with drive for continuous improvement
• A clear communicator able to present complex items in a simple way
• Sense of responsibility and confidentiality
• Flexible team player with hands-on mentality
• Mature business manners as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to build consensus, which allow you to move at ease within an international environment on all levels
• Fluent English is a must, other languages are assets.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you
• Wish to develop & are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality
• Have a customer first mind-set
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested? Please apply online via www.toyota-europe.com/jobs
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)