Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
From Automotive to a Mobility company
Toyota’s global long term vision is to deliver better, safer cars and mobility solutions for all, respecting the environment and enriching the communities in which we work and live.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
- Support monthly / yearly sales planning process, through the monitoring and reporting of sales and automotive market performance across European markets
- Carry out weekly / monthly / yearly market forecast analysis in order to feed the sales planning, supported by 2 AI external experts building the forecasting tool
- Prepare/update ad-hoc or recurring reports for executives/corporate functions
1. Sales Planning Support
- Weekly evaluation of National Marketing Sales Companies [NMSCs] monthly sales plan
- Support IT system update and maintenance for sales plan (including incident management)
- Digital conversion of stock transfer manual approval process project management with Business and IT.
2. Sales Performance Analysis and Reporting
- Responsible for sales results data consolidation and the monthly release of the final report within TME, European NMSCs and TMC
- Responsible for the data gathering and analysis of Europe automotive market (private and fleet)
- Continuous improvement of the reporting processes (potential automation/centralisation)
3. New online reporting platform
- Contribute to the implementation of the “reporting transformation plan”, aiming to replace our static Excel reports by flexible/interactive online reports based on the Microsoft BI technology
- After understanding of the custmomer needs, design new Excel report templates based on MSBI data models
• Education: final year of Master degree in Economics, Business, Statistics, Mathematics
• Automotive minded and knowledge of European market (car segments, main competitors…) is an advantage
• Advanced knowledge of data/reporting tools (dynamic update) - any knowledge of VBA for Excel or PowerBI or SQL is a plus
• Highly developed ability to be critical with facts and figures – enjoy working with numbers and manipulating several data sources
• Ability to plan your work according to deadlines
• Self starter attitude, taking initiative and not afraid of responsibility
• Sense of ownership and confidentiality
• Flexible team player with hands-on mentality
• Mature interpersonal skills supporting smooth consensus building
• Fluent English is a must, other languages are assets.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• strive for high level of quality & accuracy ;
• wish for continuous improvement and ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets ;
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions ;
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: Early December/January
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)