Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Customer Vehicle Quality in TME is responsible for following and prioritising quality concerns on Toyota vehicles in Europe reported by the market. Based on the nature of the concern, Customer Vehicle Quality will engage with the relevant vehicle plant or R&D to ensure a solution for the vehicles in the market and mass production is secured. Finally Customer Vehicle Quality will feedback accordingly to the market.
Customer vehicle quality is receiving and sending data to all related stakeholders. This is by a combination of Toyota systems and industry standard tools (Microsoft 0365, …).
CVQ team is preparing the organisation for upcoming challenges by implementing most suitable data creation / storage / retention policy taking into account latest working practices, software and legal requirements.
Your project will be to
1) Map the current process of data creation, retention and flow for CVQ division.
2) Define correct structure and process to generate and store the data using available suitable systems (MS Office, SharePoint, One note, Teams, ...), taking into account retention and security policies, whilst being compliant with GDPR ruling.
3) Document and roll out the proposed process to ensure adaptation by all related stakeholders.
- Bachelor/Master in IT / Business studies / Process optimisation with strong interest for Quality / Automotive environment.
- Analytical and visualisation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools , SharePoint, OneNote,…
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of employment: Head office, Evere
Starting date: 01 January 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)