Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Customer Vehicle Quality in TME is responsible for following and prioritising quality concerns on Toyota vehicles in Europe reported by the market. Based on the nature of the concern, Customer Vehicle Quality will engage with the relevant vehicle plant or R&D to ensure a solution for the vehicles in the market and mass production is secured. Finally Customer Vehicle Quality will feedback accordingly to the market.
Customer Vehicle Quality is following a standardised process for EDER (Early Detection Early Resolution), to resolve quality concerns on Toyota vehicles.
To support the new and existing EDER team members a number of operation procedure / training materials / guide cards / tips and tricks are provided. To implement better utilisation of these materials and more efficient member development, CVQ wants to implement a "one stop" place to find all related information quickly to support daily tasks:
1) Make catalogue of all latest operating procedure, training material, quick guides
2) Define most suitable training material structure and location to display and promote easy finding / usage and maintenance in line with Quality Function policies.
3) Roll out process to ensure adaption by all related stakeholders
Bachelor/Master in IT / Business studies / Human Resources with strong interest for Quality / Automotive environment.
Analytical and visualisation skills
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of employment: Head office, Evere
Starting date: 01 January 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)