Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
• Our Vision : achieve number 1 position for customer satisfaction in EU.
• Our Mission : promote field quality improvement within Toyota and at suppliers, through problem investigation and responsibility allocation.
• Our main roles and responsibilities :
o Manufacturing and supplier information processing
o Warranty system improvement
o Parts recovery
Digitalization - Efficiency improvements in Supplier Training environment
Background : to ensure correct and timely application of processes and IT-systems, a monthly (warranty) class-room training is offered to our European Manufacturing Companies (EMC) Supply base
Problem : high resource required for attendees and TME
Main challenges :
- Study current IT-applications which can establish digital class room training (webinar/etc) inclusive possibility for examination and certification (incl. yearly reminder).
- Identify necessary steps to implement
• Strong analytical skills
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You have good knowledge/experience of current IT-applications for digital class room training
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office,
Starting date: 01/12/2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)