Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Akio Toyoda, CEO of Toyota, announced at CES in Las Vegas in January 2018 his ambition to transition Toyota to a mobility company offering ever better mobility for all.
As part of this ambition, in Europe two entities have been established: Toyota Connected Europe based in London - which is the provider of technological solutions- and Toyota Mobility & Connected Technologies, based in Brussels, responsible for setting, planning and implementing the European strategy for connected, multimedia and mobility services.
Toyota Mobility and Connected Technologies division has a clear focus on the Car of Tomorrow.
• Support feasibility and implementation of connected services.
o Translate service concepts into business specifications.
o Support project coordination within related stakeholders (TME internal divisions, markets, external partners).
o Support/coordinate technical documentation preparation for services.
o Support generation of service ideas by internal and external customers based on connected car data signals availability.
o Support connected services new business case development.
- Master Degree in Economics,
- Business Administration or Engineering background,
- Strong communication skills,
- Good business sense,
- General understanding of connected technologies
- General understanding of project management (both waterfall and agile methods).
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe - Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This topic needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)