Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Our team is responsible for planning the development of light commercial vehicles meeting European customers’ requirements. To achieve this, we perform – among other – following key activities relevant to the job:
From factory, a large variation is offered in terms of engines/lengths/specifications/options. This captured in the Vehicle Specifications Sheet shared by factory.
It is our role to simplify this variation into logic combinations, into logic packages of options and into logic grades. These to be in line with segment, and to meet expectations of pre-defined customer profiles.
All this is captured in one document called the European Grade Strategy.
To each country’s Sales Organisation. At various events, it is our role to explain the product, its
position and competitiveness within the segment, and the Grade Strategy.
For ordering. This done by allowing the Grade Strategy to be translated into orderable country order specifications.
The responsibilities of the team is described down below. As an intern you will be involved, sometimes while supporting the activity, sometimes by taking ownership of some responsibilities on your own.
• You contribute to the Pan-European marketing strategy by obtaining understanding of Vehicle Specifications Sheet from factory, and structuring/translating those into a logical European Grade Strategy.
• You enlarge our knowledge of European Automotive Industry by segment competitors’ data collection, which you compare with your Grade Strategy.
• You translate option set restrictions into logical groupings, learning from existing Toyota standards.
• You question the factory in case of any doubt. You propose internal business case to Product management when options set restrictions are not in line with segment or Toyota strategy.
• You detect inconsistencies in Vehicle Specifications Sheet and report to Product management and factory.
• You validate country order specifications - created from Grade Strategy – individually vs. electronic Vehicle Options Sheet, search for the error and take initiatives to follow up.
• You communicate effectively with Country Sales Organisations in case specifications would need to be added/deducted from their orders.
• You carry out various levels of market research to support the training of country’s Sales Organisations.
• You interface with teams responsible for translating your Grade Strategy into orderable unique vehicles.
• You identify potential pre-production vehicles requirements and structure them in a clear way, that allows the ordering process
• You support in having the vehicles ready in the market by mapping the European Grade Strategy to codifications which conform to European Legislation/homologation.
• You are a student in final year of Master’s degree (data oriented subject like economics, business, marketing).
• You have highly developed analytical skills with strong accuracy and reliability.
• You are precise, persistent, trustable, and with a mind set for data and figures.
• You are computer literate (MS Excel).
• You are fluent in English (TME business language).
• You are able to work independently, sometimes with short deadlines.
• You are interested in the European car market.
You fit with the Toyota DNA:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills.
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and interest for cars.
• have good communication skills in your working team.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office,
Starting date: December 2020/January 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)