Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Quality department, Manufacturing Quality is a dynamic team promoting the build in quality at our European factories for both our internal production as the sub-supplier’s production. It is a team consisting of specialists in training and auditing the plants/suppliers manufacturing and quality departments.
We are looking for an autonomous and proactive intern who is willing to “study”/ look for information/data by himself/herself.
You will optimise and visualise the reporting tools and follow up implementation of the recorded Quality Data and Audit Results. Self-study of Microsoft business intelligence software (Power BI) to make a dashboard for automated reporting.
For this project, a mentor will be assigned. However, this mentor will be acting more as an “internal client” and not necessarily as a direct coach.
We are not limiting this offer for a specific area of study. However, you will need to know well the MS Office package (Excel, Power BI, Flow…).
• You are fluent in English (TME business language), any other language is an asset.
• You have good knowledge/experience of Microsoft office – especially Excel. Any additional IT knowledge is an asset.
• You are eager to self-study the Microsoft business intelligence package (e.g. Power BI, Power Automate (Flow), …)
• You do the internship as part of Bachelor or Master degree and feel attracted by this internship proposal.
• You are interested in the administration side and/or the Toyota production systems’ Quality standards development.
• You have good visualisation skills to structure operations, processes, responsibilities etc. in an easy and understandable way.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of employment: Belgium – TME HO in Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: mid-April 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).