Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The TPCE Warehouse and Process design team transforms the organization's vision in optimized operational processes that meets all of our expectations in relation to process performance and strategic business needs.
Toyota Parts Centre Europe, acting as consolidating point for global supply we serve customers in 50 countries both inside and outside EU. The onsite warehouse operations cover the internal processing of parts and accessories from 200 incoming/outgoing trucks per day from over 700 suppliers and to over 100 depots and hubs covering 3500 customer delivery points (mainly car retailers). In this process over 60 million pieces are handled each year in a 3 shift operation with 850 warehouse associates.
The team transforms the organization's vision, goals into optimized operational processes that meets all of our expectations in relation to process performance and strategic business needs.
In function of our future WH Reborn Key Transformational Project you’ll work together with the team to establish a strategy to reform TPCE way of working, to handle the business increase, to realise on time delivery with minimum cost, leadtime and space.
You’ll perform a new lay-out study using the “3 core tools” (Physical Lay-Out, Material & Information Flow, Receiving & Shipping Diagram) to establish effective, simple, safer and ergonomics parts handling processes to support both our customers and warehouse operation always in accordance with the concept of the Toyota Production System (TPS) to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives whilst continuously develop our team members.
Throughout the exercise you will switch between study and planning whilst you can benefit from the implementation of reviewed and automated operational processes as an intermediate step towards the complete WH reborn/process change.
The outcome of the study is the foundation for the strategy, the roadmap for the future TPCE processes that supports the rapid changing automotive business environment and the transformation to a mobility company.
• Working towards a university degree, in Logistics/Engineering
• Eager to apply your logical and analytical skills to improve operational processes in an existing international supply and logistics network
• You understand the business value of a well developed operations plan and the importance of daily operations control methods and tools
• You value working with integrity in a highly competitive industry
• You are driven by curiosity and you have an eye for detail
• As no other you know that team work yields results in Logistics
• You understand that data driven problem analysis and creativity go hand in hand to solve complex problems
• You are open to grow and you are willing to share your learnings
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of employment:Toyota Parts Center Europe, Industrieterrein 11, 3290 Diest (Belgium)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)