- 3-6 months internship
- This is an unpaid internship, however EC will provide lunch on working days.
- Candidate must hold EU passport
- Upon successful completion of the internship period we will issue a certificate of completion.
- This internship is based at EC's Head office of operations in Malta.
An internship in the Admissions department offers an excellent opportunity to learn about the international EFL (English as a Foreign Language) industry and to work closely with a multinational team in a dynamic environment, where you will develop skills that can be utilised throughout your working life. You will learn how to work accurately in a fast paced environment, develop an eye for detail and respond to clients in a polite and friendly manner.
The Admissions Assistant is responsible to work with the Admissions Executives to ensure that our partner agents are receiving an excellent service conducive to a great working relationship and increase bookings with EC.
- Inputting of bookings into EC’s central booking system and making any subsequent amendments to bookings
- Preparing visa documents for students going to all EC centre locations and sending out visa documentation to clients via a courier service
- Following up on students’ arrival details, necessary waiver forms and ensuring that information is available for Centres to provide a smooth welcome service to students on arrival
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with EC’s Agents and strive to exceed their expectations
- Keep updated with information related to locations, services and programmes offered by EC to its clients.
- Issue and send all pre-arrival documents and information to Agent partners
- Undergoing a university degree or a diploma or recently graduated
- Upper Intermediate level of written and spoken English
- Excellent Eye for detail
- Organised proactive approach
- Client focused
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Get familiar with Business English
- Learn about the work environment in general
- Use of technology
- Learn about the sales process for an international market
- Exposure to multi-cultural environment
Job Specific Competencies:
- Understanding Information: Accurately understanding and interpreting instructions, information and processes. Appreciating the requirement for and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and navigating ambiguous information correctly. Recognising and appreciating own knowledge, understanding and limitations.
- Executing Tasks: Performing operational, repetitive tasks independently and accurately, in line with operating standards, using the appropriate resource and technology to complete tasks on time.
- Communicating: Expressing information, thoughts and opinions in a well-structured manner that is engaging and accurate, that drives business productivity.
- Being Flexible: Showing adaptability during changing conditions and demonstrating a keenness to learn new ways of working.