The traineeship in agriculture is a good opportunity for every student in the field of agriculture and agricultural – tourism that want to learn, explore and gain a white view of the agricultural sector in the region Puglia. Our farmers are very oriented for cultivating biological food and make a close and direct contact with the end consumers without using markets and food traders as mediators. Our region is full with nature and there is a lot to learn and a lot of people from whom to learn.
As a SMART trainee you will be forwarded to one of our partners (local farmer, agricultural association and/ or agricultural federation) in order to gain experience and learn.
Moreover, we are located in the south of Italy in the Lecce province and we are surrounded on the West side with the Ionian Sea and on the Est side with the Ardiatic sea.
Poggiardo, the city we are located is only 5 km far away from the Adriatic sea and is a touristic zone in the summer full with life and music, gastronomy, historical and cultural events.
Be a SMART intern and invest smart your Erasmus traineeship chance!
The trainee shall be professionalized while doing the following task:
- Understanding the national policy and regulation for agriculture in Italy;
- Understanding the responsible institutions and actors in the field of agriculture;
- Research and learn for cultivation methods and typical cultures from this place;
- Practical work in the field;
- Drafting research for publication in the local magazines for agriculture;
- Other daily task related to the traineeeship
Profile of the trainee
- Student of graduate or post graduate studies in the field of agriculture and tourism (related to agriculture)
- B1 level in English language or/and A1 in Italian language (verbal, written)
- Motivated, self – initiative, curiosity, team player, listener, flexible and adaptable to new ambient
What we offer
- Opportunity to professionalize in an intercultural and international ambient
- Opportunity to gain professional knowledge abroad
- Level up of your personal development
- Meeting new people and gain international friends
- Enjoying summer in the Adriatic sea coast (we are only 5 km far away from the Adratic sea)