* Remuneration - the host company will give you a bonus for every machine sold!
* International travel
* Possibility of a job offer at the end of the placement for the right candidate.
The Host Company
The host company is based in Leicestershire and they manufacture and sell their machines throughout the world. The host company provides comprehensive services, assisting clients from the earliest stages of a choosing a machine through to its build, handover and product for such.
Providing a Hot Permanent road repair is crucial for their heavily trafficked roads in their networks. Using the host company machinery allows the client to produce the solution at the correct temperature in situ. Their portfolio of products provides clients with a single source solution, focusing on sales, service and support.
The host company are looking for a Dutch student to help them promote this particular product and machinery across Europe, with a particular focus in the Benelux area. The role will involve the student carrying out research to identify potential clients. The student will then be responsible for contacting these potential customers to introduce the company with a view to generating sales. Therefore the ideal candidate will be working on sales and marketing:
- Analysing and investigating Price, Demand and Competition
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies
- Other Promotional activities
- Writing Reports to Sales/MD
- Monitoring Performance and Tweaking
- Managing email campaigns
- Looking into social media
- Developing a customer sales path
- Work and communicate with relevant companies on the technical elements of the machinery
- Presenting technical information to clients - from the UK and also with the opportunity to travel and see the client in their own country and company.
- Remuneration - the host company will give you a bonus for every machine sold!
- The host company is looking for a student at the end of their degree as there could be a full time and permanent job opportunity at the end of the placement.
The Ideal Student
- Studying towards a related degree in Marketing or International business
- Native Dutch with excellent English language skills; written and spoken. Other languages an advantage.
- Positive and confident telephone manner, ability to use own initiative, a creative flair and strong communication skills.
- Experience with email campaigns.
- Should possess a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programmes, and should also be affluent in carrying out in depth online research.
- You have an active interest in internet, marketing, digital marketing and e-commerce.
- Knowledge of sales requirements
- Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality.
- Good teamwork skills
- Previous work experience within an office environment is preferable
- Able to work to deadlines
- Previous marketing experience is desirable.
- Must be independent and confident to build and develop relationships.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Confident discussing engineering aspects and any other technically about their product or machinery with the wider audience.