Overview: Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC Barcelona) is a private university created in 1997 that bases its ideals in Christian Humanism.
UIC is looking for an intern: for our two campus (one in Barcelona, c/Immaculada 22) and the other for Sant Cugat Campus (Hospital General de Catalunya, 20 minutes away from Barcelona by train) - Period : ideally from April14,20 to April14,21
The mission of the intern is to provide general assistance to the daily work of UIC's central Service for International Relations, that helps its 8 faculties in all aspects related to internationalization, mainly incoming and outgoing student and staff mobility outside Spain. UIC has over 200 international agreements with 38 countries both inside and outside the EU.
UIC Barcelona has been receiving international interns for two academic years so far and the experience has been excellent!
- Tasks and responsabilities of the intern:
- Help in all the process of incoming and outgoing student mobility (before, during and after the stay) : direct attention and information to students in the office or by email (writing emails, answering requests), preparation of certificates, checking that all needed documents have been provided, attending to meetings with academic coordinators and secretaries at the faculty level, etc.
- Explore possibilities for new international agreements
- Help in the preparation of international visits to UIC, by doing a guided tour in the campus, for instance.
- Assist in the preparation of events for incoming and outgoing students (informative sessions, guided tours in Barcelona, cultural events, workshops for outgoing students)
- Collaborate in the preparation of new material for the webpage
- Archiving documents
- Managing a facebook account for incoming and outgoing students and following-up on it
- Being proactive in new tasks or activities to better manage student mobility
- Any needed tasks needed to provide support to a dynamic and friendly team
- There will be an increase of responsibilities and degree of autonomy as the months pass by.
- Salary: we will provide monthly salary or financial compensation for accommodation, to be negotiated depending on the candidate's profile. It’s is also provided: lunch at the University's canteen, plane ticket to Barcelona (arrival and departure), daily ticket for transport to the university, insurance, Catalan language course. Nevertheless, we also expect the candidate to receive Erasmus+ scholarship for his/her traineeship, coming from its home university, since the salary paid by UIC Barcelona is not sufficient to live in Barcelona.
- Profile: Enthusiastic, responsible, friendly, dynamic, committed, respectful.
- Lenght and starting date: Preferably, 1 full academic year, full-time (10-11 months), starting in September/October, but open to negotiation. In this case, we are looking for two interns: one that starts around May-June and another that stars in September.
- Working hours: from 9h to 18h. 1 hour break for lunch.
- Holidays: It depends on the length of the stay. For internships up to 3 months, 1 day of holidays/per month. For internships between 4 and 7 months, 1,25 days of holidays/per month. For internships of more than 8 months, 1,4 days of holidays/per month.
- Language course: There could be access to a Spanish language course if needed. Catalan language and culture courses are available for free. The trainees are expected to learn Catalan during their stay.
- Other services: sports, library, culture... available: http://www.uic.es/en/services
- Accommodation: We can help you find accommodation in an apartment (shared or not) or a residence. http://www.uic.es/en/accommodation and www.bcu.cat/en
- Important information: This internship will take place under the framework of the Erasmus+ program, and an Erasmus+ traineeship agreement will be signed. Thus, it is important that the candidate is still linked to a European university when applying to it. Its home university will be involved in the process: first by accepting that the candidate is elegible for the Erasmus traineeship program (be it a curricular traineeship or a recent graduate traineeship) and second by signing the documents and normally by giving Erasmus funds to the candidate.
- Level of studies: We are open both to Bachelor and Master students (final year students or recent graduates). And accept all areas of study (not only the three mentioned of Business, Communications and Languages&Philological Sciences)
Candidates interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to: [email protected] for the selection procedure indicating your name, your contact details, availability (entry date and duration of stay) and whether you can opt to have an Erasmus+ traineeship grant. We look forward to welcoming you at UIC Barcelona!