Atlas Language School Malta is looking for an intern to start on 30th January 2023 for 4 to 6 months. The candidate should already be living in Malta or Europe with the right to work in Europe. The intern will live in our residence accommodation (free of charge) walking distance to the school and will receive €400 per month.
This internship is aimed at university students and graduates who are interested in gaining experience in an international environment. You will get an insight into the running of a language school and learn about how we organise and monitor our teaching and learning provision.
The Atlas intern will provide support in the administration of the school. The following points outline the main areas which the intern will work, but tasks need not be limited to the list below:
- Supporting reception at busy times, if needed.
- Attending phone calls, walk-in enquiries, student enquiries, student printing requests, registering students for activities.
- Receiving, checking and storing deliveries arriving in the school.
- Giving accurate information to all internal or external enquiries.
- Preparing welcome packs for all new students.
- Supporting students with paperwork and queries, especially on their first day.
- Checking the general Atlas email, forwarding information to relevant staff and answering emails, if required.
- Conducting check ins and check outs of the students during the weekend.
- Completing cleaning and linen changes in the apartments.
- Taking new students to their classrooms on their first day.
- Serving coffees and selling snacks in the Atlas cafe.
- Monitoring Atlas cafe stock.
- Maintaining the Atlas cafe and coffee machine.
- Planning and leading social programme activities.
- Help out with social evenings and student events in the school.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, scheduled Monday through Sunday. The intern is expected to work on weekends and will receive a day off during the week. During busy periods, there may be weekends that require the intern to work more than 8 hours, while there may be no work required on other weekends when it is quiet.
The monthly gross salary is: €400
In addition, we offer free accommodation in one of our student apartment shared twin rooms within walking distance to the school.We offer 5 days of holidays for a 6 month internship.