NDB, Inc. is a company that was established for the development and manufacturing of Nuclear Diamond Battery (NDB), a type of battery that is made from recycled nuclear waste that has a tremendously long battery life (several thousand years). A perpetual and green battery solution that could benefit a wide range of applications such as Space Electronics, Military, Medical, Internet of Things (IoT), Nuclear Plant, Automotive, Aviation, Consumer electronics and many more. NDB, Inc. sees this technology as a means of creating a cleaner and greener future where innovation and environment could coexist.
The duration of the internship is flexible (2 months minimum, longer periods preferred)
The internship can be tailored to personal interest & capabilities and could include development & support of the website design, SEO optimization, blog creation, training materials, social media management.
(Note that this is a long wishlist of qualifications: if you feel you have some but not all of these skills, but you are interested, please do apply anyway)
In this role, Biomedical Engineer will research, design and develop medical products, such as hearing aid and pacemaker instruments, design or modify equipment or manage the use of equipment in the community.
The Biomedical Engineer works closely with the design engineer and medical doctor and is responsible for:
- using computer software and mathematical models to design, develop and test new materials, devices and equipment. This can involve programming electronics, building and evaluating prototypes, troubleshooting problems, and rethinking the design until it works correctly;
- liaising with other team members to ensure the feasibility of a product in terms of design and economic viability;
- conducting research to solve clinical problems using a variety of means to collate the necessary information, including questionnaires, interviews and group conferences;
- discussing and solving problems with manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and marketing departments;
- assessing the potential wider market for products or modifications suggested by health professionals or others;
- writing reports and attending conferences and exhibitions to present your work and latest designs to a range of technical and non-technical audiences;
- investigating safety-related incidents;
- keeping up to date with new developments in the field, nationally and internationally.
- B.A/MSc degree, preferably in Biomedical engineering, chemistry, nanotechnology
- Must be able to maintain project confidentiality
- Great location to learn and build up experience from local start up community, infrastructure, and network
- Great location for work/life balance. The office is situated in the center of the city (access to restaurants, places for entertainment, parks, lake)
- Professional and intercultural experience in innovation, crowdfunding
- Dynamic work environment
- Flexible hours/work time
- Incorporate your ideas & creativity into real-life projects
- Your work will make a difference and will be recognized inside and outside the company
- Friendly international team
Please note before applying to this internship:
- An internship is an opportunity to experience and perform within a job role/function within an operating company
- The internship is unpaid and you will need to apply for an Erasmus grant/scholarship in order to participate
- You should be able to communicate in English, hence, you will be able to enhance your business fluency
- We provide focus and enhance highly motivated individuals to a higher level of performance, we may provide more advanced preparation for higher roles profiles
- You are eligible to conduct internship in UK