Our mission : support European craftspeople in the digital transition, enhance European Cultural Heritage professions as an asset for European social cohesion, economic development
Company short introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company based in Brussels supporting European professions in cultural Heritage (restoration-conservation, fine and traditional crafts) as an asset for European Economy, Culture and Identity. Our aim is to use innovative tools and solutions to bring growth and to position these professions as a valid option and business opportunity for next generations. Our main actions are:
- Connect European professionals in fine/traditional crafts and restorers of cultural heritage with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals.
- Raise awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy, and society.
- Support transmission of know-how, capacity building and mobility in the sector.
- Participate to European projects (Erasmus+, Horizon, Creative Europe, Interreg…) with other European partners to valorise the crafts sector, develop and disseminate best practices, and coach crafts professionals in the innovation, digital and environmental transition.
- Develop a large network of collaborations with other European stakeholders (New European Bauhaus, Historic Houses associations, Foundations, Architects, members of the World Crafts Council Europe and the Heritage Alliance 3.3, European, Commission) to develop synergies, merge resources and get fundings.
Internship proposal. The intern will work with Mad’in Europe’s manager, Madina Benvenuti. Interns are required to be fluent in English, multitask and to demonstrate personal commitment, creativity, curiosity and possess marketing knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Writing skills are welcome as well as any previous experience with European projects.
The internship location is Brussels. Mad’in Europe cannot pay for internships. Therefore, for non remote internship, when possible,, student are invited to apply for Erasmus + programs to cover their mobility fees. Considering COVID related restrictions, the internship can be organized in remote, which requires even more motivation, commitment, and organisational skills from the students.
Description of the tasks in which interns will be involved
In order to accomplish its mission and scale-up from its actual size, Mad’in Europe develops partnership with other European stakeholders and applies for European funding.
Students will work at the development and implementation of European projects and on the global growth strategy.
According to his/her skills, interns will be involved in some of the following actions:
- Increase the number of European craftspeople on the portal.
- Generate traffic on the site through social media, newsletter and other communication actions.
- Develop partnership with European stakeholders and participate to European calls (ie Erasmus +, Creative Europe, Horizon, Interreg…)
- Elaborate and explore seed & early-stage funding opportunities (Angels, seed VC, Fundraising – Crowdfunding, new shareholders…
- Organisation of events related to the sector (webinars, workshops,)
- Research new business opportunities involving existing and new stakeholders.
- Benchmark best practices and tailor the marketing strategy to create added value for the company and for makers.
- Create communication tools: videos, leaflets, PP presentations…
- Enrich the content of the portal (writing articles, making interviews of craftsmen, collecting technical information on specific crafts…);
- Administration and office management
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
- European mindset
- Interest for the cultural Heritage Business Sector.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, organisation.
- Finance and Economics knowledge.
- Skills in communication, marketing & media.
- Writing skills (articles, presentations…);
- Autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach.
- Interest for a “micro business” company development.
LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: Perfect written and spoken English is mandatory; One other language among these, Italian, French and Spanish, is also required.
The trainee will define reasonable objectives according to his/her capacities, internship time and company priorities, will fix milestones and focus on their achievements.
IT & AND COMPUTER SKILLS: Office Pack, Canva, Mailchimp, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, WordPress, Instagram.