Flexible within the next 3 months
Fluent in French
Good spoken and written English levels are required
Northampton dates to 914 and has a population of over 200,000. Regarded as the “shoe making capital of the world” it is home to several international footwear manufacturers. Boots for Darth Vader, and shoes for James Bond and Prince Charles have all been made here. A busy city with a
buzzing nightlife and social scene, there will be plenty to keep you occupied. Northampton is also centrally located to explore the country.
Are you eligible?
Are you a registered student?
Are you eligible to participate in the Erasmus+ programme?
See website for details of all ESPA benefits. For all internships over 6 months, additional benefits will be paid. Details available at interview.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic student interested in gaining practical business development experience, within this fast-growing international brand leader, in the reusable nappy market. Mentored throughout, you will assist account managers to develop retail opportunities within the French Market. Hungry to learn and with a keen passion for business, you will utilise your knowledge of the French consumer and retailers to drive the brand forward and gain a strong foothold in France for their amazing environmentally friendly products. For the selected candidate this will be a truly rewarding experience.
• Secure meetings and build relationships with new and existing French retailers
• Investigate new sales revenue options in France
• Provide market insight of the French consumer
• Understand the brand to enable you to pitch host products to various retailers
• Review online listings, ensuring product ranges are optimised to reach their full potential
• Communicate any online audits with retailers and implement changes
• With support, attend and represent the host in meetings conducted in French and translate into English
• Update price lists and packing instructions for each retailer and save retail information logically
• Be prepared to take on new tasks and challenges
• Studying for an International Business degree or similar
• Excellent spoken and written proficiencies in French
• Positive and confident communicator at all business levels
• Demonstrates curiosity to learn about the sales function and customer accounts
• Has a solution focused approach and able to ‘think on their feet’
• Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality
• Excellent attention to detail
The Host Company
The host company is an international brand leader in the cloth nappy market. They are
actively persuading parents across the globe to change from using disposable to reusable
washable nappies. From a small company originally set up in the English countryside,
they now sell their nappies and accessories to parents worldwide. They are now seeking dynamic, enthusiastic individuals who believe in their products and values to help them grow in this key European market.