Thürmer Tools is looking for a passionate engineer with an innovative mindset, that has an interest to work with additive manufacturing and CAD design. Internship is planned for summer 2020 therefore is planned to start within June/July 2020 and end latest October 2020.
It does not matter if you are MSc or BSc student - if you have flair for design and product development and mechanical engineering knowledge we might have a position for you!
Although we are thread cutting tools producer, we never stop looking for new opportunities, especially in the field of application of new technologies. We have noticed that many industries are unaware of possibilities that additive manufacturing provides and we want to change it! This is why you should expect to work on different projects upon your arrival – those might be little parts that require optimisation or completely new tools that we would like to develop. As an intern you will be using our three desktop 3D printers to make your prototypes. You might also work with 3D scanning, both with scanning and post processing. Since your tasks will be mostly design and optimisation, experience with cad design is absolutely essential.
- Interest in 3D printing and new technologies,
- Engineering - background with mechanical skills,
- Analytical and structured,
- Experience in CAD design and static structural numerical study,
- Basic material science knowledge,
- English proficiency (spoken as well as written),
- Independent and responsible,
- Good presentation skills.
- Review of new materials, production techniques,
- Design, optimization and validation of various models,
- Having great contact with your new colleagues,
- Operation and maintenance of desktop 3D printers at our office.
- Help at the company when required,
- Help with testing new products,
- Having fun!
As mentioned above this call is only for summer and early autumn 2020. We are very felixible about project definitions, so if you have in particular interest in one of the field of our activities we can orient your internship around it. You are also very welcome to suggest the topic of the internship as well.
If you are interested, please email your application or potential questions to Adam Kazmierczak [email protected].
Please be aware that the company does not provide any financial compensation for the internship period, therefore you must rely on your Erasmus scholarship. We can help you however with finding the accomodfation near to the company.