Middle East and North Africa Region
The One Family Foundation is a small family foundation with big ambitions, run by one of the World’s leading Social Entrepreneurs. Our open door policy and collaborative working methods have quickly led to high network individuals, organizations and social entrepreneurs joining forces with us to create a network enhancing and growing impact across all regions of the globe.
One Family together with many partners aim at solving social issues in order to trigger change in the world for the better. We strongly believe that collaboration is the key to bringing about a more equitable world for all citizens and especially the most vulnerable.
Would you like to get onboard a global movement of changemakers?
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks of social entrepreneurs. Research carried out the Social Progress Imperative shows that at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074. One Family believes that with collaboration this pace can be greatly accelerated, thus this network was initiated by around 100 of the most influential organisations and innovative social entrepreneurs and their associates to join forces to create more impact in a shorter time scale.
In brief, the movement is operating on every level: local/national, regional and global. It aims at strengthening the collaboration across civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors and governments. The goal is scaling up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thus accelerating the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
Who we’re looking for:
We are currently recruiting for interns to help coordinating a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the World as part of this movement. And provide specific support to the regional chapter of Middle East and North Africa. One Family offers the Intern the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to challenge him/herself within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate several initiatives, with a focus on impact investment and oriented funding, cross-sector collaboration, systems change in general, social entrepreneurship and the SDGs
- Assist in producing and editing diverse documents, in different languages.
- Updating and preparing overviews
- Support the coordination of the different regional and country approaches of the movement.
- Ensure the correct management of the membership data and information.
- Coordinate/support internal and external activities (local or international meetings, travel and other logistics, drafting and editing of minutes, presentations, partners communications via email or telephone etc);
- Other ad hoc tasks.
Requirements and Skills:
- Finalising or towards the end of your studies, with a strong interest in the SDG’s sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship;
- Fluency in English and Arabic. Other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French, etc;
- Internationally orientated;
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- Strong interest in the Middle East and North Africa regional issues.
- Preferably available immediately for a minimum of six months (part-time negotiable);
One Family Offers:
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No remuneration costs available
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Gabriela Murillo at [email protected]
*Due to the current situation of COVID-19 the internship will be starting out remotely and then move on to in-office activities based on how the situation will unfold.*