The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks of social entrepreneurs. Research carried out the Social Progress Imperative shows that at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074. Catalyst 2030 believes that with collaboration this pace can be greatly accelerated, thus this network was initiated by around 100 of the most influential organisations and innovative social entrepreneurs and their associates to join forces to create more impact in a shorter time scale.
In brief, the movement is operating on every level: local/national, regional and global. It aims at strengthening the collaboration across civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors and governments. The goal is scaling up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thus accelerating the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting for interns to help coordinating a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the world as part of this movement. Catalyst 2030 offers the Intern the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to challenge themselves within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation.
The Innovations Team is responsible for shifting the dominant culture and paradigms working closely with government and civil society to enable structural and systemic change. We are focused on changing consciousness by shifting norms away from a focus on individuality to a belief that individual and community prosperity can be achieved with the same action.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the development and work within the innovations team with administrative tasks such as: taking minutes at meetings, scheduling meetings, maintaining our community platform Zoho to engage and inform members
- Work closely with members on impact management by helping with mapping and evaluating impact from the network.
- Coordinating relations with relevant lobby targets and being responsible for others
- Support members on the delivery of international advocacy activities which are to be conducted at a national level
- Maintaining and strengthening partnerships with international allies and networks working on international development in order to share information and collaborate over opportunities, developing joint strategies, campaigns and actions
- Supporting our global members by responding to information requests and sign-posting them to opportunities across the community
- Working closely with the team planning, organising and coordinating strategic engagement at international conferences and events
- Working with other teams across the secretariat.
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills:
- An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexity and nuance.
- Proactive in seeking out solutions and pre-empting challenges
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; across time zones
- Attention to detail, we will notice!
- Desire to work collaboratively, we’re a team!
- Sense of humour; the issues are big but we have fun
- Willingness to learn from experience, positive as well as up for a challenge.
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French or Arabic.
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out and show flexibility if required
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months
- Flexibility; we are an organisation in development and tasks and responsibility might change. We are looking for someone with an open mind who can easily adapt to new tasks and assignments given at short notice.
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No remuneration costs available
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Yvonne Moholt at [email protected]
*Due to the current situation of COVID-19 the internship will be remote*