EKOenergy is a non-profit ecolabel for renewable energy, and is hosted by Finnish Association for Nature Conservation. After starting as a European ecolabel in 2013, it become international in 2015 and started its activities beyond the EU zone. The ecolabel’s main aims are to promote and raise awareness about the sustainability of renewable energy in the energy market, encourage companies to choose renewable energy and to communicate about their choice. The EKOenergy ecolabel is an additional quality mark that comes on top of existing renewable energy certificates. The ecolabel also serves as a tool for communication; companies using EKOenergy can use the logo on their products and buildings. The ecolabel is active in more than 30 countries.
EKOenergy team is highly international, young and dynamic. In addition to the 4 staff members, there are 6-10 volunteers and trainees from all over Europe and neighbouring countries every year. Currently our team has 12 people, representing 9 nationalities. Working language at EKOenergy is English. Our Secretariat is based in Helsinki.
We are looking for a Chinese (Mandarin) speaking trainee to assist our liaison coordinator with mainly translation and proofreading texts in Chinese. The content will be about Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the EKOenergy label, environment and renewable energy market.
This is an unpaid position. Unfortunately we are not able to financially support our trainees.
We offer you:
• Work experience in a European NGO, as part of a multi-cultural team
• Information about international and Chinese renewable energy certification market
• A (limited) possibility to participate to other activities of the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation
If you are;
• fluent in English and Chinese
• interested in environment, renewable energy and electricity market
• currently living in Helsinki, or willing to have consistent, long distance contribution
• able to commit minimum 6 hours per week, for a minimum of 3 months
We are looking for you!
Most of our volunteers stay at least 10 months with us, so the applicants who can stay longer than 6 months will be given priority.
This vacancy will be open until suitable candidates are found. The application deadline, field of studies and working period is for reference only. The most important factor for us is your motivation. Don't wait until the deadline to apply!