Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the biggest student network in Europe, with over 500 local organisations (“sections”) active in Higher Education Institutions in more than 40 countries. ESN has been supporting student mobility since 1989 and has its international headquarters in Brussels.
The international headquarters in Brussels is looking for a Communication and Media Intern for students or recent graduates to work on our communication projects in the autumn of 2023, to start at the beginning of September.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Graphic design for digital and print promotion;
- Maintenance of ESN’s social media pages (TikTok, Instagram, and LinkedIn mainly), strategic planning and analytics;
- Working with photography and video;
- Copywriting, and producing news articles for ESN.org;
- Contributing to our internal ESN publications, such as the Annual Report.
Terms and conditions
- Internship for a duration of 6 months;
- The successful applicant should start on the 1st of September, ideally;
- Must have an Erasmus+ traineeship grant. Please note that this is an elimination requirement, as ESN does not have the means to cover any other subsistence costs other than the ones mentioned in the bullet points below. Self-maintenance of the trainee is not an option, as ESN is a strong advocate for fair and paid internships and follows The European Quality Charter;
- Accommodation costs of up to 450 EUR per month are reimbursed.
- Transport costs within Brussels are covered.
- Public Liability and Personal Accident Insurance are covered.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Background in communication, media, graphic design or similar;
- Familiar with the concepts of Social Media and online marketing;
- Good knowledge of Canva and Adobe software: Photoshop & InDesign are necessary, Illustrator is highly valued;
- Highly proactive attitude. Not afraid of proposing changes and taking ownership of delegated tasks;
- Precise and organised way of working;
- Proficient user of Google Workspace;
- Capacity of working in a team as well as independently;
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of the Erasmus Student Network is a plus.
- Knowledge of photography, video editing and/or animation tools;
- Knowledge of HTML and/or CSS, experience in web design;
- Fluency in other European languages.
To apply, you are encouraged to use the ErasmusIntern.org website and please make sure you have your portfolio uploaded to your ErasmusIntern user profile or add a link to it in your motivation letter. If this is not possible, please upload your motivation letter, portfolio, and CV to this form by the 16th of April, at 23:59 CEST.
Before applying, please confirm with your university that you are eligible for an Erasmus+ traineeship grant.
Please note: this is a Brussels-based position; the successful candidate is expected to move to Brussels.
If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact [email protected]. For more information on ESN, please visit our website esn.org.