The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is Europe’s biggest student organisation, present in more than 530 local associations (“sections”) at 1000 Higher Education Institutions in 39 European countries. It was founded in 1989, with the aim to support and develop student mobility. As a European organisation, ESN uses multiple channels to maintain effective internal and external communication with the Network, our partners and stakeholders.
ESN offers a Communication and Media Internship for students or recent graduates to work on our communication projects in the spring of 2019 at the ESN International Headquarters in Brussels.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assisting in all communication-related tasks, such as implementation of social media communication & strategic planning (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), copywriting, designing the newsletter, producing news articles for ESN.org;
- Working with photography and graphic design for digital and print promotion;
- Contributing to our internal ESN publications such as the Annual Report.
Terms and conditions
- Internship for a duration of 6 months;
- The successful applicant should start in the end of January, ideally on the 25th;
- Must have an Erasmus Placement or any Internship Agreement;
- Accommodation at the ESN house in Brussels is provided (separate room and shared facilities);
- Transport costs within Brussels are covered.
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Background in communication, media, graphic design or similar;
- Familiar with the concepts of Social Media and online marketing;
- Good knowledge of Adobe software: Photoshop & InDesign are necessary, Illustrator highly valued;
- Precise and organised way of working;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package;
- Capability of working in a team as well as independently;
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of the Erasmus Student Network is a plus.
- Knowledge of photography, video editing and/or animation tools;
- Knowledge of HTML and/or CSS, experience in web design;
- Fluency in other European languages.
To apply, you are encouraged to use ErasmusIntern and please make sure you have your portfolio uploaded to your ErasmusIntern user profile or add a link to it in your motivation letter. If this is not possible, please send a short motivation letter, examples of your communication work and CV to [email protected] by the 9th of December at 23:59 CET. Please double-check that you are eligible for an Erasmus+ traineeship grant before applying. Interviews, either in Brussels or via Skype, will be conducted on a rolling basis.
If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact [email protected] (for content-related questions) or [email protected] (for administrative questions). For more information on ESN, please visit our website www.esn.org.