Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the biggest student network in Europe, with over 530 local organisations (“sections”) active in Higher Education Institutions in 42 countries. ESN has been supporting student mobility since 1989 and has its international headquarters in Brussels. The international headquarters in Brussels is looking for a Communication and Media Intern for students or recent graduates to work on our communication projects in the fall of 2020, to start ideally in the beginning of August, but this is up for discussion.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assisting in all communication-related tasks, such as the implementation of social media communication & strategic planning (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), copywriting, designing the newsletter, producing news articles for ESN.org;
- Working with photography and graphic design for digital and print promotion;
- Contributing to our internal ESN publications, such as the Annual Report.
Terms and conditions
Internship for a duration of 6 months;
- The successful applicant should start August 2020;
- Must have an Erasmus Placement or any Internship Agreement;
- Accommodation at the ESN house in Brussels is provided (separate room and shared facilities);
- Transport costs within Brussels are covered.
Qualifications and requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Background in communication, media, graphic design or similar;
- Familiar with the concepts of Social Media and online marketing;
- Good knowledge of Adobe software: Photoshop & InDesign are necessary, Illustrator highly valued;
- Precise and organised way of working;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package;
- Capability of working in a team as well as independently;
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of the Erasmus Student Network is a plus.
- Knowledge of photography, video editing and/or animation tools;
- Knowledge of HTML and/or CSS, experience in web design;
- Fluency in other European languages.
To apply, you are encouraged to use the ErasmusIntern.org website and please make sure you have your portfolio uploaded to your ErasmusIntern user profile or add a link to it in your motivation letter. If this is not possible, please send a short motivation letter, examples of your communication work and CV to [email protected] by the 21st of June, at 23:59 CET. However, we will have interviews on a rolling basis, so don’t hesitate to apply before that. Please double-check that you are eligible for an Erasmus+ traineeship grant before applying.
Please note: due to current Covid-19 restrictions, it could happen that the candidate must start their internship in ESN remotely. However, this is a Brussels-based position; the successful candidate is expected to move to Brussels whenever the situation allows. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact [email protected] (for content-related questions) or [email protected] (for administrative questions). For more information on ESN, please visit our website www.esn.org.