Are you a student interested in how alternative business models can shape our world? Join us as an intern in our office in Brussels! We are looking for a motivated student who will support us as our Communication and Project Management Intern from the end of July 2020 to the end of January 2021.
WFTO-Europe is one of the regional branches of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO) which is a worldwide network of Fair Trade organizations present in more than 70 countries. Its goal is to enable producers, especially in the global South, to improve their livelihoods and develop their communities through Fair Trade.
WFTO-Europe offers you the possibility to gain experience in an international organization with an alternative business approach and strengthen your project management, and communication skills, as well as your business language and advocacy abilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with implementation, monitoring and reporting of ongoing projects.
- Screen relevant funds or calls for projects and assist with drafting of applications, budget, etc. for application to calls.
- Invite new European Fair Trade enterprises to join the WFTO network
- External communication:
- Help to develop our communication strategy and to implement new features.
- Assist with creating and updating content on our social media and our website
- Internal communication with members and the WFTO Global Secretariat
- Manage the WFTO-Europe quarterly newsletter (editorial planning, content development, publication)
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of specific campaigns and the organisation of events, e.g. The Belgium Fair Trade Week
- Administration: assist with the daily business, human resource management and data collection
Additionally, you will be able to participate in important conferences, debates and meetings in the 'capital of Europe'!
- Fluency in English
- proficiency in other European languages is highly valued
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Eagerness to learn
- IT and social media skills would be an asset
- Self-structured way of working
- Motivation for working within the Fair Trade movement
Interested in applying?
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can perform different tasks across the areas mentioned.
Please note that all our current opportunities are unpaid. Therefore, we can only accept candidates who are students, and who will be able to receive a grant or other type of funding (e.g. Erasmus plus).
We do not require the grant or funding of your stay to be of a specific type, so long as it covers feasible living costs for the time of your internship.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a 1-page Cover Letter in English explaining your interest in Fair Trade, why you would like to work with us and how you will be an asset to our team to [email protected] by Thursday 30th of April 2020. Please indicate your availability and preferences regarding start and end date.
Should you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!