The association Atlantic Cities is composed of 20 local authorities, placed at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, that represent almost 400 municipalities. The organisation wishes to develop a collaborative relationship between its members and to enable them to be heard by the European institutions, without forgetting citizen dialogue at the continental level.
The objectives of the network are the following:
- Strengthen and defend the Europe of cities;
- Promote exchanges between the citizens of the Atlantic coast and strengthen cooperation among the people who integrate it;
- Grant the real protagonism to both people and civil society and entities that make up that plural, diverse and dynamic reality that is Europe;
- Recover the trust of citizens in favour of the European project of identity and construction in order to share challenges and alternatives;
- Deepening the objectives European Cultural Agenda;
- Face the challenges post-Brexit for the cities.
The trainee, with the support and training of the General Secretariat, will be responsible for contributing to the communication strategy of the Atlantic Cities network.
- Writing news
- Management of social media and the website
- Development of graphic materials
- Monitoring of communication plans of European projects
- Help to organise events
- Institutional communication with members of the network
Competences to be acquired:
- Knowledge of territorial cooperation and European projects
- Ability to work hierarchically, multi-tasking and under pressure
- Improvement of the languages skills and multicultural experience
- Protocolary and information management skills
- Pursuing an undergraduate or a master's degree in the field of communications, public relations, humanities or similar.
- Fluency (B2) of two or more of the following languages: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese
- Knowledge of international relations and the European Union
- Social media
- Teamwork experience and ability to establish good personal relationships with diverse people.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as under pressure
- Resolutive, proactive and creative personality
- International / volunteer experience
- Knowledge of development cooperation and/or urban policies
- Management of Wordpress, office suite, photo and video editing and/or graphic design tools.
- Birth, residence or studies in one of the Atlantic cities
Dates: 07 January – 06 July 2019
Duration: 6 months
Place: 12, rue du Nivernais, 35000 - Rennes (France)
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Requirements: Being enrolled in education so as to establish an internship agreement with the University and apply for the Erasmus + internship
Remuneration: the Erasmus + scholarship will be completed in order for the financial compensation to reach the minimum internship wage established by French legislation
Documents to send: CV in Europass format in Atlantic language 1 (mother tongue) and letter of motivation in Atlantic language 2 to [email protected]
Deadline for sending applications: 28/09/2018