To communicate and raise awareness about the need of our work and animal welfare.
To increase the sense of belonging to our community by our followers.
To reach new followers and influencers.
To organise quality events in our Sanctuary, guided tours and animal interactions.
To raise and increase annual income for Sanctuary Corazón verde, according to annual and strategic targets, in order to make the work of the charity sustainable. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To build quality multimedia materials to communicate about our work (videos, photo library)
- To assist to develop and maintain content on the website and social media networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) including but not limited to:
- Keeping all content up to date.
- Prompt posting of new stories/information.
- Answering every message, and passing them to the right department.
- Manage photo library, taking photos, maintain catalogue of photos, supply photos on demand.
- Develop appropriate material for promotional and educational purposes and disseminate it. (Posters, fliers, etc,…)
- To develop marketing material designs as postcards, bookmarks, merchandising, invitations, letters, envelops, etc
- Increase the number of visitors and potential supporters to Corazón verde.
- Organise, monitor and develop school and group visits (Objective: 15 groups a month)
- Organise, monitor and develop events at the Sanctuary
- To monitor visitors numbers.
- To establish a strategy in order to convert visitors into supporters of the organisation.
- To be the main point of contact for visitors and ensure excellent customer service is provided by giving a warm welcome to all visitors and engaging them in the charity at every opportunity;
- To ensure visitor safety around the animals and all areas of the centre at all times.
- To keep an accurate record of the number of visitors and ensure data capture of all visitor information occurs to sign up new supporters to the charity;
- To pro-actively up-sell merchandise and charity products, and promote all onsite events and activities to visitors;
- To help increase sales in the Gift Shop by implementing attractive, seasonal displays to maximise sales throughout the year;
- To play a role in ensuring high standards of site presentation to include notice board displays and to develop the visitor offering at the Centre e.g. activities, walks etc.;
- Assist with the planning and operation of fundraising and awareness-raising events and activities in or outside of the Sanctuary;
- To maintain and establish new positive relationships with partners in the local community and assist with delivering information talks to promote the work of the charity;
- To research and seek out new fundraising opportunities for the Centre to generate income and assist with achieving the centre’s annual income target;
- To assist in recruitment and coordination of volunteers for the Centre;
- To work with The Sanctuary Visitor and Events teams to share successful strategies for raising income and turning visitors into supporters.
Responsibilities of all Charity Employees
- Work within the Charity’s guidelines with regard to conduct, recognising its policies with regard to equality health and safety legislation, work in the safest way possible to ensure your own health and safety and that of all others who may be affected by your actions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing personal development.
- Co-operate with management and colleagues to promote good communications by sharing appropriate information and building positive working relationships.
- Act as an ambassador for the Charity and its subsidiaries at all times.
Knowledge and Skills
- Design experience.
- Experience of desktop publishing and photo/video editing.
- Photographic and video-recording skills.
- An understanding of fundraising and communications procedures.
- Great motivation and self-initiative.
- Dynamic personality.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT and internet skills – Microsoft Windows/Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal skills in both English. Some Spanish knowledge will be desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake training considered relevant by the Charity.
- Full, valid driving license (role may require driving to other locations).
- Ability to present a positive professional image of the Charity and its subsidiaries at all times.
- Motivation to work in the field of animal welfare.
This internship also includes the work of caring for the animals and the maintenance of the Sanctuary facilities.