WE ARE LOOKING FOR STUDENTS WITH ERASMUS GRANT TO CARRY OUT A TRAINING AS A CHEF ASSISTANT.
The trainee will work in the room under the authority of the manager and next to his colleagues in the kitchen. The trainee will be responsible for preparing food, organizing the kitchen, cleaning and choosing the products. The trainee must have an understanding of the basic functioning of the kitchen, cooking and training experience in the hotel school, knowledge of the products and all food and drink menus, ability to make suggestions to guests, maintain the required inventories and stock levels partial in refrigerators and shelves. At the end of the course, the trainee will be improved in terms of timeliness, organization, communication with clients and colleagues, speed and efficiency in serving the customer, ability to perform multiple tasks. In addition to learning a new language and new terms to include in your dictionary.
The internship will take place at the “Hostaria Antico Borgo” in Terranova da Sibari (http://www.hostarianticoborgo.it/ ), a very popular restaurant in the area for the quality of the cuisine and service. In business for more than 10 years, Hostaria Antico Borgo can boast national and international awards, precisely because it has always been chosen by Italian and foreign guests staying in the village.
The quantity and type of activities performed by each intern will depend on his/her interests, knowledge, performance, experience and attitude. We try to involve our interns in as many activities as possible and give him/her increased responsibilities according to his/her performance and achievements.
Length of Internship: Minimal internship is 3 months, however can be extended up to 6 months depending upon intern’s performance.
Cost of living: € 200 per month (room + cost of apartment)
What we offer:
- If required, assisting you with relocation in Italy
- Final report
- Provision of documents such as the Euro Pass, evaluation of job performance, certificates of participation in training
- Constant monitoring of activities with weekly reports
- Provides documents certifying the Internship Training, evaluation of job performance and a letter of recommendation from a tutor
Salary: Alteredu Innovative Startup and Hostaria Antico Borgo doesn't offer any financial compensation, but the students interested in performing internships in our brands and departments have the possibility to get hired after the end of the internship period for 6 months (maximum) with 900 € per month.
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisation, time management, and prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers and determine decision-making process
- Hospitality attitude
- Fast and critical thinking;
- Team working
- Basic knowledge of cooking and food