We are looking for a passionate intern who would join our team for 5-6 months in Prague, Czech Republic. The intern will be primarily working as a curatorial assistant with additional tasks from PR and production. They will become an active part of the organizational team of the first edition of the Biennale Matter of Art and will work closely with the curators and production manager. We expect our intern to work 25-30 hours per week from February to April, and 40 hours/week from May to June/July.
Among the main tasks would be:
- curatorial reserach
- communication with artists
- assistance to participating artists
- assistance to production team (preparation of exhibitions, installation…)
- PR (social media, newsletter, website)
The ideal candidate:
- is a student/recent graduate of Art History, Museum Studies, Curating, Visual Arts, Arts Management or related fields
- has strong research and communication skills
- is proactive and creative
- is not afraid of multitasking
What we can offer:
- experience in organizing a large scale international art event
- experience in curating and research
- contacts from the field of contemporary art
- better insight into production and PR in art institutions
- opportunity to take your own initiative
- financial compensation
If you are interested in our proposal, please send us your CV and short motivation letter describing relevant experience in the field of contemporary art, art history, art management and similar to [email protected] with subject title ERASMUSINTER 2020 + name of the position. Please note, that we will prefer candidates who have knowledge, experience, insight or at least honest interest in contemporary art and contemporary culture in general. Eligible candidates must be enrolled in an academic program that will allow them to receive funding from Erasmus + programs. The exact dates of the internship can be discussed individually.
- About the Biennale Matter of Art (MoA) -
June 18th – September 20th 2020 (main programme), Prague, Czech Republic
The first edition of the Biennial Matter of Art will be held in Prague from June 18th to September 20th 2020 and it is organized by tranzit.cz, a contemporary art initiative based in Prague, Czech Republic. tranzit.cz was founded in 2002 and it is a part of tranzit.org network working independently in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovak Republic and Romania supported by Erste Foundation. During its existence, tranzit.cz has been engaged in numerous international projects, such as Monument to Transformation 1989 – 2009; Manifesta 8; Report on the Construction of a Spaceship Module, and others (for more see http://cz.tranzit.org/en).
The first edition of the biennale Matter of Art deals with questions of coexistence in a society in which people have ceased to speak a common language. It dwells on areas where language breaks down, examines contempt, irritation, fear, frustration, lack of understanding, anger, aggression, fear, apathy, indifference and anxiety. It focuses on emotions and the body. With the feeling that it is necessary to find common ground, it seeks the causes and social conditions of the emotional mood of contemporary society. It seeks these causes in the past, in the present, or views them from the perspective of potential scenarios of the future.