Internship proposal 2020
DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH STRATEGY OF MAD’IN EUROPE.
Our mission : enhance European Cultural Heritage professions as an asset for
European social cohesion, economic development and cultural identity.
Company: Mad’in Europe SCRL (madineurope.eu)
Address: Brussels (Belgium) 116, rue Berckmans
Contact: Madina Benvenuti – [email protected] –
Tel: +32 475 83 74 88
Internship available for all 2020 – 3 months minimum
Company introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company based in Brussels supporting European professions in cultural Heritage (restoration-conservation, fine and traditional crafts) as an asset for European Economy, Culture and Identity. Our aim is to use innovative tools and solutions to bring growth and position these professions as a valid option and business opportunity for next generations. Our main actions are:
- Connect European professionals in fine/traditional crafts and restorers of cultural heritage with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals.
- Raise awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy and society.
- Support capacity building and mobility in the sector;
- Develop a large network of collaboration with other European stakeholders (Historic Houses associations, Architects, other members of the World Crafts Council Europe and the Cultural Heritage Alliance 3.3 to develop synergies and merge resources.
Internship proposal. The intern will work with Mad’in Europe’s manager, Madina Benvenuti. Interns are required to be multitask and are directly involved in the economic growth strategy of Mad’in Europe, in the relationship with professionals and other stakeholders.
He/she will be required to demonstrate personal commitment and possess marketing knowledge and excellent communication skills.
The location is Brussels.
Mad’in Europe cannot pay for this internship. Student are invited to apply for Erasmus + programs to cover their mobility fees.
On a day-to-day level, the student will work in the development and implementation of a high growth strategy for Mad'in Europe.. Some of the actions that the intern will undertake are:
- Develop sales by recruiting new highly qualified paying members for the portal (craftsmen all over Europe, craftsmen association…);
- Contribute to enrich the content of the portal (editorials, interviews of craftsmen, technical information on specific crafts…). Content can be either written internally or by our partners;
- Collect feed-back from craftsmen (surveys);
- Communication / traffic building / social networks administration / e-marketing
- Research new business opportunities involving existing and new stakeholders;
- Benchmark best practices and tailor the marketing strategy to create added value for the company and for makers;
- Elaborate and explore seed & early stage funding opportunities (Angels, seed VC, VC);
- Answer to European calls (Creative Europe, Erasmus plus…) with other European partners;
- Complete a market research on the basis of which the intern will develop an innovative high growth strategy;
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
- Interest for the cultural Heritage Business Sector;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Finance and Economics knowledge;
- Skills in communication, marketing & media;
- Perfect writing skills (articles, presentations…);
- Others: autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach;
- Interest for a “micro business” company development.
The trainee will define reasonable objectives according to his/her capacities, internship time and company priorities, will fix milestones and focus on their achievements.
LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: Written AND spoken English is mandatory; One other language among these, Italian, French and Spanish, is also required.
IT & AND COMPUTER SKILLS: Office Pack, Mailchimp, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, (CMS is welcome);