Bios provides an energy recovery solution for buildings to transforms wasted energy into food. Our technology uses Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) integrated inside commercial and service buildings to repurpose exhaust airflow of climate control systems. Bios software monitors CO2 production, thermal and electrical energy consumption of the location to match the demand of the CEA chamber to grow plants. By leveraging our AI algorithm, excess energy flows available in the building can be used to grow a wide range of crops directly on-site, providing access to a constant supply of fresh, pesticide-free, high-quality food or trees for reforestation.
The Bios low-carbon technology contributes to increase the energy efficiency of the location and generate economic savings on electricity bills, while taking advantage of the otherwise wasted energy to decrease its own net energy consumption to produce carbon data. Bios is a real bio-circular economy concept for urban areas to utilize naturally produced carbon and reduce other greenhouse gas emissions through our emissions accounting system used to monitor, reduce the environmental impacts and report on zero carbon pathways to 2030.
Role and Required Skills
We need interns with competencies in market research and data interpretation, interested in the Food, Energy and Carbon markets, and with an ability to adapt quickly. This position is for Marketing, Digital Production, Management, Environmental and other related field students/professionals.
- Ability to create digital content and work B2B social media
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and critical thinking for digital marketing
- Digital Production - Video or Other
- Capacity to listen, question and take action
- Portuguese and English languages are a plus
- Understand the Food, Energy and Carbon market and the business objectives.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
- Use online market research and catalogue findings.
- Updated Competitors Matrix - For Ag-Tech and Energy
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Impact Partnerships 2021
- Identify the key areas of partnerships and build the interactive map for tracking relationships.
- Bios Communication Plan
- Define a plan for Bios to communicate effectively with clients, team, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.