Bios provides an energy recovery solution for buildings to transforms wasted energy into food. Our technology uses Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) integrated inside commercial and service buildings to repurpose exhaust airflow of climate control systems. Bios software monitors CO2 production, thermal and electrical energy consumption of the location to match the demand of the CEA chamber to grow plants. By leveraging our data treatment, excess energy flows available in the building can be used to grow a wide range of crops directly on-site, providing access to a constant supply of fresh, pesticide-free, high-quality food or trees for reforestation.
The Bios low-carbon technology contributes to increase the energy efficiency of the location, while taking advantage of the otherwise wasted energy to decrease its own net energy consumption to produce carbon data. Bios is a real bio-circular economy concept for urban areas to utilize naturally produced carbon and reduce other greenhouse gas emissions through our emissions accounting system used to monitor, reduce the environmental impacts and report on zero carbon pathways to 2030.
Role and Required Skills
We need young adults seeking work experience with competencies in research and data interpretation, interested in the Food, Energy and Carbon markets, and with an ability to adapt quickly. This position is for Marketing, Data Science, Digital Production, Management, Environmental and other related field students or young professionals.
- Ability to create digital content and work B2B/B2C social media
- Ability to interpret data for communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and critical thinking for digital engagement
- Interested in participating in product planning
- Digital Production - Video or Other
- Capacity to listen, question and take action
- English is a must and Portuguese is a plus
- Work in your team to deliver on individual tasks which take existing data, written content, research or digital tools to execute tasks
- Manage online platforms associated with task work, this includes ClickUp, Squarespace, Social Media platforms or other resources required for the role.
- Contribute to the execution and launch of the Bios Social food enterprise for 2021
- Research and align digital content for the Bios evaluation framework to data map for impact
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.Support translation of the Bios data using the evaluation framework
6 months period, 2 or 3 days a week
Flexible Hours – To be negotiated
Bios office is located in Lisboa, Portugal, we manage a digital and physical operating rhythm. This requires team members to primarily work remotely and online with physical contact required on site for client pilots. Currently our active pilot is at Nova School of Business and Economics in Carcavelos, Portugal.
100€/month to help cover food and/or transport expenses.