Placement location: Northampton, United Kingdom
Start date: 24/06/19
Duration: 6 months
About Bambino Mio
The company is an international brand leader in the cloth nappy market. The company is actively persuading parents across the globe to change from using disposable to reusable (washable) nappies. From a small company originally set up in the English countryside, Bambino Mio now sell their nappies and accessories to parents worldwide. Bambino Mio is a small company with approximately 50 employees and 20 employees in their dynamic marketing department.
Bambino Mio’s marketing team is growing rapidly due to success and this role will be involved in implementing the brand’s dynamic digital marketing strategy into the Scandinavian market.
With your excellent command of English, advanced knowledge of marketing terminology in the Swedish/Danish language, and your organised, outgoing and self-motivated approach, you will provide support to the Marketing Project Manager and International Account Manager. With your creative flair, you will work closely with the Marketing Project Manager to implement the company’s digital marketing and social media strategy within the Scandinavian market, and will work closely with other internal teams regarding design, translations and branding.
The company currently works with a host of international distributors and retailers worldwide; therefore direct communication and relationship building are also key aspects to this role.
Tasks and Objectives
- To be a brand champion for the Scandinavian market.
- Be responsible for implementing Bambino Mio’s digital marketing strategy in the Scandinavian market.
- Help to update the company’s Scandinavian e-Commerce website.
- Updated product description translations which will be sent to Scandinavian retailers.
- Working closely with the sales department to ensure consistency in product listings across Scandinavian online retailers.
- Social media management - maintain and manage existing and new social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), ensuring that the right content is distributed through the most appropriate mediums for the Scandinavian market.
- Champion social listening techniques for the Scandinavian market.
- Increase online presence in Scandinavia by identifying new online opportunities, recruit new customers and help implement engagement strategy across all platforms (Websites, SEO, Awards, PR, Competitions, etc).
- Maintain the blogger outreach program for the Scandinavian market - researching key bloggers and influencers to work with and responsible for despatching, monitoring and tracking all samples.
- To assist in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
The Ideal Student
- Preferably a graduate or a final-year undergraduate nearing completion of your studies of an International Marketing / Business degree.
- Excellent English and Swedish/Danish language skills both, written and spoken.
- Positive and confident telephone manner, ability to use own initiative, a creative flair and strong communication skills.
- Should possess a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programmes, and should also be affluent in carrying out in depth online research.
- Keen interest in social media and all things digital marketing.
- Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality.
- Previous work experience is essential, preferably within an office environment and where the intern has proven experience of using their initiative and working well with others.
- Previous marketing experience is desirable.
- Must be independent and confident to build and develop relationships
- Ideal candidate must be able to work on their own initiative within a busy department.