The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is Europe’s biggest student organisation, present in more than 520 sections at 800 Higher Education Institutions in 40 European countries. It was founded in 1989, with the aim to support and develop student mobility. As part of its fundraising strategy, ESN partners up with the best international companies to offer loads of advantages to our members.
The international headquarters in Brussels is looking for a Digital Marketing Intern starting ideally in early April. That person will support the Partnership Manager position on the marketing and data analysis work of this role with the purpose to facilitate his tasks and, at the same time, learn about the latest digital marketing trends in the market and the business perspective of NGOs.
Terms and conditions
- Internship for a duration of 6 months.
- The successful applicant should start in early April (slightly flexible).
- Must have an Erasmus Placement or any other internship agreement/scholarship.
- Accommodation at the ESN house in Brussels is provided.
- Transport costs within Brussels are covered .
- Analytical mindset with love for LEAN marketing and new technologies.
- Highly pro-active attitude. Not afraid of proposing changes and taking ownership of the delegated tasks.
- Likes to work in teams and feels comfortable in a multicultural environment.
- Influencer-style communication skills.
- Passionate about analytics and online marketing.
- Willingness to learn about different domains (data analysis, product development, sales…).
- Bachelor degree in Business Management, Marketing, ICT or related.
- Comfortable in both written and spoken English. Copywriting proficiency is considered a plus.
- Proficient user of the Office package, especially Excel or any other spreadsheet.
- Courses or other trainings on marketing-oriented data science/analytics, social media, LEAN marketing, SEO and SEM are highly valued.
- Planning and execution of marketing campaigns and communication plans for commercial partners.
- Copywriting: blog,social media and newsletter campaigns with commercial and engaging content.
- Channel optimization and maintenance for ESNcard.org’s traffic and other digital KPIs via SEO (Search Engine Optimization), link building, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMM (Social Media Marketing) and remarketing, as our main commercial tool; as well as its linked communication channels (newsletters, social media, etc.).
- Continuous data-driven analysis on communication channels performance and suggesting recommendations, as well the implementation of the aforementioned when approved.
- Pro-active role on the engagement strategy of our social media channels, taking ownership of it after a few weeks-months.
- Provide support to the Partnership Manager, Project Teams and the rest of the ESN Office when needed.
Why internship at the ESN Headquarters
- Casual, friendly, multicultural environment.
- Professional business approach of NGOs.
- Work using latest tools and following the latest trends on digital marketing.
- Additional training opportunities in marketing and other fields of interest.
To apply, you are encouraged to use the ErasmusIntern.org website. If this is not possible, please send a short motivation letter and CV to [email protected] by the 11th of March 2018 at 23:59 CET.
For questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact ESN’s Partnership Manager Hugo Urción at [email protected] (for content-related questions) or Director Rasmus at [email protected] (for technical/administrative questions).