Sunseed is a non-formal education center dedicated to sustainability, biodiversity and self-sufficiency. Through observation of natural ecosystems, we aim to understand the processes of desertification. We experiment with methods to combat land degradation, improve soil quality, restore the local vegetation, and implement innovative water management technologies. As an Intern at the Ecosystem Restoration department, you will work along the Coordinator.
- Keep and extend our wild seed bank
- Watering, weeding and propagating our native plants in the nursery
- Mulching, watering and maintaining the arboretum
- Making swales and digs for water retention system
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Taking care of the fruit trees
- Harvesting and foraging wild fruits and herbs
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Ability to work with others, encouraging contributions from people with less experience or knowledge
- Tolerance of hard physical work in hot conditions.
- Ability to communicate well in Spanish
- Computer Literacy
- Driving License
Sunseed is a vibrant, inter-cultural community where each member contributes to the smooth running of everyday life, taking on responsibilities to assure a supportive communal environment. We are all part of this group, working closely with each other and respecting each other. The ideal candidate would be comfortable with, or ready to explore, this balance of community living, technical responsibilities, and personal life.
Please apply through the following form: