We're looking for a talented editorial intern interested in technology and business to join us at Tech.eu, Europe's premier technology industry information portal and market intelligence platform.
Your daily tasks will include navigating the European VC funding landscape, researching and writing news stories, and helping to make sense of the vast amounts of data we're collecting. In addition to that, you may be able to attend some relevant tech events and participate in the recording of the Tech.eu Podcast.
Now, let's put the essentials of the position in the generally accepted form of bullet points.
What we expect from you:
- Basic understanding of the tech ecosystem in Europe and globally
- Decent writing and editing skills
- A strong motivation to develop the aforementioned skills continuously
- Self-discipline and ability to work productively both alone and in the team
- Native or near-native level of English
- Available at least 20 hours a week
- Living around or willing to move to Amsterdam (in some instances Brussels, Belgium may also be possible)
What you will do:
- Research, write, and publish data-driven news and feature stories
- Help out with managing Tech.eu's social media channels
- Transcribe, edit, and publish interviews
- Assist in the everyday operations of Tech.eu
- Six-month long deep dive in the European tech ecosystem
- A chance to drastically improve your writing and reporting skills
- Hands-on experience with WordPress and newsletter platforms
- Optionally, you can learn the basics of podcasting and audio editing