This is an exciting internship/placement opportunity to join the Careers+Placements Team at Aston University.
Working hours: preferably full time Monday-Friday or part time combined with studies at Aston University during an Erasmus Exchange
Start date: October -November 2019 (negotiable)
Duration: 6 to 12 months negotiable
Remuneration: The intern will receive the Erasmus grant from their home university
Closing date: 27th October 2019
To apply: Email a short motivation letter and a CV to Fatima Ahamed, Employer Engagement Manager to [email protected]
As an Employer Engagement Assistant, you will sit within the Employer Engagement team and will be part of a high-profile, fast-paced and high-performance department.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Provide assistance with updating and managing the networking calendar for the Employer Engagement team and providing support at the Careers Fairs as required throughout the year.
- Provide support to the business development leads with sending follow up emails or mailers to employers
- Collating and formatting content for employer newsletters
- Support local and national employers to advertise and promote their opportunities to undergraduate and graduates.
- Match and shortlist students, finalists, graduates and postgraduates to vacancies as part of the internal recruitment and selection service offered to employers.
- Any other duties that support the Employer Engagement activities
Through this placement, you can expect to gain:
- Customer service skills
- Project management experience
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Marketing experience
- Currently studying at Degree level.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service to diverse stakeholders, including supporting customers remotely and face to face.
- Experience of working to targets or KPIs.
- Experience of relationship building, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and achieve targets.
- Able to analyse problems and use judgment to provide pragmatic and workable solutions.
- A flexible and collaborative approach.
- Develops relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: including MS Office suite