The Computing Department at Saint Martin’s Institute (SMI) aims to establish itself at the forefront of research related to Virtual Reality in various contexts, particularly in Cultural Heritage. A number of projects are currently underway in this respect, some of which involve multiple aspects including electronics, electrical, mechanical and software. This post is for an individual to help in the engineering research, design and implementation of ongoing projects at the Institute.
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand the requirements of the system/s to be able to contribute to their engineering aspects;
- Analyse current prototype/s available at the Institute and determine ways by which the system/s may be improved;
- Research on existing technologies available;
- Brief the team on improvements that can be made to the prototypes, including possible designs;
- Perform tests where necessary to help in the analysis and evaluation of the current prototypes;
- Carry work necessary to improve the systems.
To qualify for this post, the candidate should be in possession of, or currently reading for, an Engineering Degree.